The mission of the Baltimore City Chamber of Commerce is to promote business interaction among its members, to provide information and resources for its members, and to advocate the adoption of a pro-business agenda by the City of Baltimore and the region on behalf of its members.
In conjunction with the Mayor's Office of Employment Development the Baltimore City Chamber is proud to promote the HireOneYouth program.
By the year 2020, nearly half of the U.S workforce will be comprised of millennials. Will local businesses be able to find qualified candidates ready to fill positions soon to be vacated by our aging workforce? Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake’s Hire One Youth initiative:
- Gives employers an opportunity to shape their future workforce by hiring at least one responsible, job-ready Baltimore City resident between the ages of 16-21
- Prepares ideal candidates for future job openings,especially if a company’s entry-level positions require specialized skills
- Screens all applicants for skills and interests and provides job readiness training before referring them to employers for interviews
- Provides a job coach to ensure the program is beneficial for employers and youth
- Offers flexible payroll options – employers can hire youth directly, or Baltimore City can be the employer-of-record (minimum cost of $1,500 per hire)
- Can be customized to fit employers’ needs – there is no set wage or employment period beyond paying minimum wage or more for at least 120 hours
Hire One Youth was created by Mayor Rawlings-Blake in partnership with the Greater Baltimore Committee's Hire One Youth Leadership Team, chaired by GBC President & CEO Don Fry, and is a solid investment in your organization, your industry, and Baltimore’s economy. Please sign up to become a Hire One Youth employer. Call 410-396-JOBS (5627) or contactHireOneYouth@oedworks.com for more information.
At Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, we are uniquely positioned to deliver the Baltimore market’s most targeted and high impact advertising campaigns both on Television & Online. We proudly represent over 800,000 TV viewing households across the Baltimore metro area.
In an increasingly fragmented media universe Spotlight’s local affiliation with over 40 national cable networks combined with the advertising opportunities on XFINITY.com provides advertisers an unrivaledcombination of reach and frequency.
The shotgun approach to television advertising has been replaced by Comcast Spotlight’s ability to demographically target the right set of network audiences most likely to be your best prospective customer, and to geo-target commercials to specific sub-sections of the marketplace. This level of geo-targeting can be done both on television and online.
Today, consumers rely on multiple screens for information and entertainment. A multi-screen campaign across both advertising platforms provides advertisers the market’s most powerful media combination. Comcast Spotlight provides powerful multimedia advertising for local, regional and national advertisers.