- Amber Grant - Open to all female entrepreneurs age 18 and up living in the United States or Canada and who pay a $15 application fee. The Amber Grant awards $10,000 to a woman-owned business every month. At the end of the year, one of the 12 monthly qualification winners wins another grant for $25,000. The submission deadline is on the last day of every month (due by January 31, 2021 if filling it out now); the winner is announced in the first week of the following month. Apply here.
- Fearless Fund - Fearless Fund is disbursing 10 business grants to 10 women of color entrepreneurs in the amount of $10,000 each for COVID support. Applications are open from now until January 21. Winners will be announced on January 31.
- Operation Hope Mini Grant Program - Grants can only be applied toward critical expenditures such as residential rent/mortgage, residential utilities, and personal credit card bills. A single, one-time payment of $500 is made directly to the vendor/creditor. More info is here.
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application - The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest Economic Injury Disaster Loans to help businesses during COVID. Apply directly through the SBA here.
- 37 Angels - Open to early-stage, high-growth companies in attractive markets like technology and B2B/B2C. 8 finalists are selected every 2 months to pitch their company; the next application cutoff is February 8, 2021. Most entrepreneurs receive $50,000 to $100,000 in seed funding (remember - that means you are giving away some ownership), along with professional help growing their company. Learn more here.
REGIONAL OPPORTUNITIES IN CALIFORNIA
- California-based small businesses disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for a grant of up to $25,000 through the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program administered by California’s Office of the Small Business Advocate. The application period for this first round of funding ends at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13. Learn more here.
- The Los Angeles Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund has a new program launching in 2021. They will deploy flexible loans to micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profits across LA County. Sign up here to receive more information on program launch.
GRANT FOR JEWELRY BUSINESSES
- Halstead Grant - is an annual award for emerging silver jewelry artists. Applicants submit answers to 15 business questions in addition to their design portfolios. The grand prize is a $7,500 cash grant plus other benefits. The deadline is August 1st each year. Learn more here.