Performs routine vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance, minor repairs and some automotive and truck diagnosis.
Makes necessary repairs, beyond minor, under the guidance and technical approval of lead-man or responsible vehicle mechanic on the replacement of parts of certain components and/or systems of the engine, power train, automatic transmissions, electrical system, cooling system, braking system, fuel system (gasoline and diesel) and steering system.
Disassembles and repairs, under the guidance and technical approval of lead-man or responsible vehicle mechanic by overhaul and rebuilding, all components of engines, cooling systems, braking systems, fuel systems and steering systems.
Operates automotive and truck shop equipment under the guidance of the lead-man or responsible vehicle mechanic such as drill press, engine tune-up meters, lap-top computers and related equipment, and battery charger. Inspects, lubricates and performs preventive maintenance to vehicles and equipment.
Diagnoses trouble and makes repairs after concurrence with lead-man or responsible vehicle mechanic to aerial and auxiliary equipment, such as hydraulic aerial buckets, derricks, cranes, earth augers, air compressors, hydraulic pumps, hydraulic valves and cylinders tools including installing, repairing, replacing subassemblies and assemblies of involved hydraulic systems of all types.
Diagnose trouble and make repairs after concurrence with lead-man or responsible vehicle mechanic to some construction equipment.
Performs some minor acetylene burning and electric welding under the guidance and technical approval of certified welder or responsible vehicle mechanic in connection with non-structural work only.
Operates electrical test equipment used in the repair and diagnosis of electrical components.
Operates and drives all types of vehicles or construction equipment to diagnose trouble.
Works either in shop environment or outside in all weather conditions, as required.
SPECIAL POSTING NOTES: Night Shift required
- Demonstrated ability understand repair manuals, parts manuals, and computerized maintenance management system.
- Demonstrated ability to operate various shop equipment to include lap-top computers, engine diagnostic equipment, voltage meters, drill press, lathe, grinder, tire machine, battery charger, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet Company driving standards. Ability to obtain appropriate Commercial Driver’s License, Class A, where applicable.
- Must pass U. S. Department of Transportation required Drug and Alcohol Test.
- Satisfactory completion of the Construction Skills Trades Test.
- High School diploma and two years work related experience in truck/automotive or equipment repairs, or equivalent training, education and/or experience in a technical or vocational field.
- At least three (3) ASE certifications preferred to include: PM Inspection ' Truck, and two additional certifications from ASE's truck family.
- In lieu of ASE certifications, related certifications are acceptable and the ability to obtain at least three (3) ASE certifications to include: PM Inspection ' Truck and two additional certifications from ASE's truck family within 1 year.
Starting Salary: $28.40