The Sr. Business Services Representative (SBSR) coordinates the Business Services division’s marketing, training and recruitment activities in order to meet the workforce needs of businesses for Baltimore City. The SBSR also works with the Management Team to develop and implement recruitment strategies and will be required to track job postings, jobseeker referrals, interview screenings and placement outcomes for the division. The SBSR should have up-to-date knowledge of the agency's mission, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and all services available throughout the agency.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of local and regional Labor Market Information using Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) and Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) databases, with the ability to conduct research and provide statistics.
- Identifies business employment and training needs required with changing labor market trends.
- Conducts job matching activities for Baltimore City residents/jobseekers registered at the American Job Centers.
- Conducts business development for targeted populations.
- Data enters business contacts and conducts outreach.
- Produces monthly reports including;
- Number of business contacts, business contact information, industry information, services provided and jobseeker placements
- Number of job postings (received, filled, referrals).
- Customer referral information
- Uses various methodologies such as information sessions, surveys, etc. to make ongoing recommendations to achieve and exceed marketing objectives.
- Markets business services utilizing all available resources to facilitate placement of training and/or job-ready candidates.
- Ensures placement goals are met each month.
- Documents business relationships and follow-up using the assigned MIS (e.g. MWE) and other reporting formats.
- Strong communication skills, ability to demonstrate effective communication orally and in writing, (with an emphasis on business writing)
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with peers, management team, businesses, employers, training vendors, and workforce development partners.
- Ability to analyze reports.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to speak persuasively.
- Knowledge of workplace assessment instruments and their application.
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent problems solving skills.
- Must have a high level of computer proficiency and able to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.).
Required Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Economics, Business, Public Administration or another related field.
- Two years of sales, recruitment, and marketing experience
- Or, any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience.
- Daily access to an automobile.
- Must pass pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation and drug / alcohol screening
MOED Employees receive priority consideration for open positions and must apply within 5 days of posting.
All other qualified applicants should submit a resume to the MOED Human Resources Department at 417 E. Fayette Street, Suite 468, Baltimore, MD, 21202; via fax: (410) 396-8132 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please place job title and posting number in the subject line.
Starting Salary: $58,300
MOED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Workforce Operations: Business Services, 36 S. Charles St., Baltimore MD